Motivated Team-Players To Join Our Staff!
De Anza Veterinary Clinic is a two doctor general practice that sees cats, dogs, pockets pets, avians, and reptiles on a daily basis. We are currently seeking a motivated team-player to join our close knit staff. This position will likely be full time, which may include Saturday mornings from 8 am to noon and occasional additional weekend hours to assist with care of boarding pets. Because we are a small practice, the ideal candidate must be willing to perform both receptionist and technician/assistant duties.
Job ResponsibilitiesInclude, but are not limited to:
– Effectively communicate with clients in person, over the phone, and in email
– Proficiently record communications and medical notes for patient records
– Check in, obtain history, and invoice patients
– Properly fill prescriptions
– Safely restrain animals for procedures
– Administer oral, subcutaneous, intravenous, and intramuscular medications, etc
– Place and maintain IV catheters
– Assist in anesthesia (ie: Inducing, monitoring, maintaining, and recovering patients)
– Obtain samples for labs. This includes blood draws and urine/fecal collection
– Perform general care duties for boarding and hospitalized patients. This includes cleaning cages, medicating, feeding/watering, and walking.
– Help maintain a clean environment
– High school diploma or equivalent
– 18 years or older
– RVT license is ideal with a preferable minimum of 3 years experience in a veterinary practice setting, but we are willing to consider the right candidate whom is willing to learn and create a career in this field
– General knowledge of veterinary care (ie: healthcare, preventatives, and medical procedures) preferable
– Proficient in both written and oral English
– Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs, stand for long periods of time, squat, and bend over to handle items of animals
– High level of comfort around animals and medical procedures
– Knowledge of Vetter Software or similar cloud based programs is a plus
– Knowledge of computers and scanning/faxing equipment preferable
– Employee discounts for pet services
– The option for healthcare coverage for full-time positions
– Paid vacation after 1 year of employment
Please email your resume to email@example.com or fax to 408-996-1453. Due to the volume of applicants, we are not accepting phone calls.