The First GREEN Certified Medical Facility in the South Bay
Having a minimal impact on our environment has always been important to us at De Anza Veterinary Clinic. Therefore, we are proud to announce that we are the first medical facility of any kind to be GREEN certified in the South Bay, and we are the second in the entire Bay Area. We have always made efforts to be environmentally friendly, which is why it was a no-brainer to apply for a GREEN certification. Doing so has been an enlightening and rewarding experience, and we hope our success encourages other local businesses to take steps towards sustainability.
What does it mean to be a GREEN Business?
The California Green Business Network is a subgroup of the Green Business Engagement National Network. It encourages small- and medium-sized businesses to take steps toward conserving energy, water, and resources. Green Businesses have taken steps to show that they care about the environment and the health of their workers, communities, and clients.
What practices have you implemented to earn your GREEN certification?
Although we’ve implemented environmentally friendly practices in the past, becoming GREEN certified means meeting and maintaining different criteria that minimize our carbon footprint. Here are just a few things that we’ve done to qualify:
- We generate all of our electrical needs with our rooftop solar panels.
- We recycle nearly everything, which includes organic materials that we donate for composting.
- We purchase recycled office supplies.
- We installed low-flow faucets, toilets, and other water devices.
- We use high-efficiency lighting that utilizes natural white light.
- We upgraded to double-pane windows that excel at energy retention.
Your veterinarian should care about the natural environment as much as she cares about your pet.
Call today to set up an appointment.